|1||Liquid Days (Part I)|
Lyrics By – David ByrneVocals – The RochesVocals [The Roches] – Maggie Roche, Suzzy Roche, Terre Roche
Backing Vocals – The RochesBacking Vocals [The Roches] – Maggie Roche, Suzzy Roche, Terre RocheLyrics By – Laurie AndersonStrings – The Kronos String QuartetStrings [The Kronos String Quartet] – David Harrington, Hank Dutt, Joan Jeanrenaud, John SherbaVocals – Linda Ronstadt
Alto Saxophone – Richard PeckFlute – Jack KriplLyrics By – Suzanne VegaSoprano Saxophone – Jon Gibson Vocals – Janice Pendarvis
Lyrics By – Suzanne VegaStrings – The Kronos String QuartetStrings [The Kronos String Quartet] – David Harrington, Hank Dutt, Joan Jeanrenaud, John SherbaVocals – Linda Ronstadt
Flute – Paul DunkelLyrics By – Paul SimonPiano – Michael RiesmanVocals – Bernard Fowler
|6||Open The Kingdom (Liquid Days, Part II)|
Lyrics By – David ByrneVocals – Douglas Perry
|FM 39564, 39564||Philip Glass||Songs From Liquid Days (LP, Album)||CBS, FM , CBS||FM 39564, 39564||US||1986|
|32DP 435||Philip Glass||Songs From Liquid Days (CD, Album)||CBS/Sony||32DP 435||Japan||1986|
|FM 39564||Philip Glass||Songs From Liquid Days (LP, Album)||CBS||FM 39564||Greece||1986|
|FMT-39564||Philip Glass||Songs From Liquid Days (Cass, Album)||CBS||FMT-39564||Canada||1986|
|MK 39564||Philip Glass||Songs From Liquid Days (CD, Album)||CBS||MK 39564||Austria||1986|
- Alto Saxophone – Richard Peck
- Art Direction – Joel Zimmerman
- Bass – John Beal
- Bass Trombone – Alan Raph
- Cello – Frederick Zlotkin
- Composed By – Philip Glass
- Conductor – Michael Riesman
- Engineer [Additional Recording Assistant] – Sharon Rice
- Engineer [Additional Recording] – George Massenburg
- Engineer [Mastering] – Bill Kipper
- Engineer [Recording & Mixing] – Dan Dryden, Don Christensen
- Flute – Jack Kripl, Paul Dunkel
- French Horn – Robert Carlisle, Joseph Anderer
- Keyboards – Michael Riesman, Philip Glass
- Liner Notes – Philip Glass
- Performer – The Philip Glass Ensemble
- Photography By [Cover] – Robert Mapplethorpe
- Producer – Kurt Munkacsi
- Soprano Saxophone – Jon Gibson
- Trombone – James Pugh
- Trumpet – Philip Ruecktenwald, Stephen Burns, Wilmer Wise
- Viola – Jill Jaffe, Paul Doktor, Sol Greitzer
- Violin – Carol Pool, Elliot Rosoff, Linda Quan, Marti Sweet, Richard Sortomme, Sanford Allen
Recorded and mixed at The Living Room, NY.
Additional recording at The Complex, LA.
Mastered at Masterdisk, NY. Produced for Euphorbia Productions, Ltd.
Two-sided 12" lyrics sheet inserted.
Catalog # also refers to US release.
Title of B1 as "Liquid Days (Part One)" on the back sleeve but as "Liquid Days (Part I)" on the disc label.
Title of B2 as "Open The Kingtom (Liquid Days, Part Two)" on the back sleeve but as "Open The Kingtom (Liquid Days, Part II)" on the disc label.
© 1986 CBS Inc./ ℗ 1986 CBS Inc.
Made in Holland
Distribution CBS Records/CBS Disques S.A.
- Rights Society: BIEM/STEMRA
- Label Code (On cover, rear): LC 0149
- Label Code (On labels): LC-0149
- Price Code: CB 321
- Price Code (Circled): 60
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout stamp): 01-39564-2A-1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout stamp): 01-39564-1B-1
- Distributed By – CBS Records
- Distributed By – CBS Disques S.A.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – CBS Inc.
- Copyright (c) – CBS Inc.
- Published By – Dunvagen Music Publishers, Inc.
- Published By – Waifersongs Ltd.
- Published By – Index Music, Inc.
- Published By – Canal Street Communications, Inc.
- Recorded At – The Living Room
- Mixed At – The Living Room
- Recorded At – The Complex
- Mastered At – Masterdisk
- Pressed By – CBS, Haarlem – 01-039564-20
- Produced For – Euphorbia Productions Ltd.
Vinyl LP US 1986. Lyrics: Laurie Anderson, David Byrne, Paul Simon, Suzanne Vega. Featuring: Bernard Fowler, Kronos Quartet, Janice Pendarvis, Douglas from Liquid Days is a collection of songs composed by composer Philip Glass with lyrics by Paul Simon, Suzanne Vega, David Byrne and Laurie Anderson. Glass began the project scoring lyrics by Byrne and then thought to collaborate with additional songwriters. On the project, Glass said: The words come first. From these I fashioned a set of six songs which, together, form a cycle of themes ranging from reflections on nature to classic romantic settings. After the music was written, I - along with. Glass: Songs - Philip Glass. Лента с персональными рекомендациями и музыкальными новинками, радио, подборки на любой вкус, удобное управление своей коллекцией. Songs from Liquid Days: No. 3, Freezing. Michael Riesman, Philip Glass Ensemble, Michael Reisman, Kronos Quartet, Linda Ronstadt. Songs From Liquid Days became Philip Glass' most popular and successful recording. The title holds the clue to the music's accessibility: These are songs, providing a more familiar and comfortable format for appreciating the world of minimalism than Glass' operas or instrumental pieces. There is also great variety displayed on this album. While the musical backing is unmistakably Philip Glass, the arrangements and vocal treatments range from the coolly subdued chamber music of Freezing, featuring the Kronos Quartet and Linda Ronstadt, to the appropriately electrifying and almost new wave-ish Lightning. Album 1986 6 Songs. By Philip GlassThe Philip Glass Ensemble, Paul Lustig Dunkel, Bernard Fowler & Michael Riesman. By Philip GlassThe Philip Glass Ensemble, Janice Pendarvis & Michael Riesman. By Philip GlassThe Philip Glass Ensemble, Linda Ronstadt, Kronos Quartet & Michael Riesman. Liquid Days, Part I. By Philip GlassThe Philip Glass Ensemble & Michael Riesman. Liquid Days, Part II: Open the Kingdom. Music by Philip Glass Lyrics by David Byrne, Paul Simon, Laurie Anderson, and Suzanne Vega. CAST: Changing Opinion: voice, flute, and piano Lightning: voice, piano or voice, flute , soprano sax and tenor sax Freezing: voice and piano or string quartet Liquid Days: voice and piano Open the Kingdom: voice and piano Forgetting: voice and piano or string quartet. PREMIERE: November 24, 1986 by the PGE. PUBLISHER: Dunvagen Music Publishers. AVAILABLE SCORES. Songs From Liquid Days at Wise Music Classical Songs from Liquid Days at . RELATED RECORDINGS. Songs in album Philip Glass - Songs From Liquid Days 1986. Philip Glass - Changing Opinion. Philip Glass - Lightning. Philip Glass - Freezing. Philip Glass - Liquid Days Part One. Philip Glass - Open The Kingdom Liquid Days, 124. Philip Glass - Forgetting. Listen free to Philip Glass Songs From Liquid Days Changing Opinion, Lightning and more. 6 tracks 39:44. Songs from Liquid Days is a collection of songs composed by composer Philip Glass with lyrics by Paul Simon, Suzanne Vega, David Byrne and Laurie Anderson. Songs From Liquid Days. Philip Glass. Released July 2, 1986. Songs From Liquid Days Tracklist. Changing Opinion Lyrics. Similar version as Philip Glass - Songs From Liquid Days but with CB 801 as distribution Code. Recorded and mixed at The Living Room, NY. Additional recording at The Complex, LA. Cookie information. Information about other identifiers assigned to the device. The IP address from which the device accesses a client's website or mobile application. Information about the user's activity on that device, including web pages and mobile apps visited or used. Information about the geographic location of the device when it accesses a website or mobile application