|1||The Sessions - Stars||30:00|
|R0428 VH||Hear 'N Aid||The Sessions - Stars (VHS, NTSC)||Sony||R0428 VH||US||1986|
|VVC 168||Hear 'N Aid||The Sessions - Stars (VHS, PAL)||Virgin Music Video||VVC 168||Europe||1986|
|SM058-3080||Hear'n Aid||Stars (Laserdisc, 12", NTSC, CAV)||LaserDisc Corporation||SM058-3080||Japan||1986|
- Design [Logo Design] – Bill Fergusson
- Design [Package Design] – John Coulter
- Executive-Producer – Paul Newman
- Film Director [Director] – Wendy Charles
- Film Producer [Producer] – Marie Cantin, Wendy Charles
- Liner Notes – Sharon Weisz
- Other [Licensing Arrangements] – Radio Vision International
- Performer – Adrian Smith , Amir Derakh, Blackie Lawless, Brad Gillis, Carlos Cavazo, Carmine Appice, Chris Hager, Chris Holmes , Claude Schnell, Craig Goldy, Dave Meniketti, Dave Murray , David Alford, David St. Hubbins, Derek Smalls, Don Dokken, Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser, Eddie Ojeda, Eric Bloom, Frankie Banali, Geoff Tate, George Lynch, Jeff Pilson, Jimmy Bain, Kevin Dubrow, Mark Stein, Matt Thorr, Mick Brown , Mick Mars, Neal Schon, Paul Shortino, Rob Halford, Ronald Padavona, Ronnie James Dio, Rudy Sarzo, Ted Nugent, Tommy Aldridge, Vince Neil, Vince Neil, Vinny Appice, Vivian Campbell, Yngwie Malmsteen
- Producer [Music], Arranged By [Music] – Ronnie James Dio
- Written-By – Jimmy Bain, Ronnie James Dio, Vivian Campbell
Video documentary and interviews from the recording sessions of 'Stars'. Also includes the full length promo clip for the song.
Includes 'Purchase registration card'.
Stereo (Mono Compatible)
A Tasco Video Production
A Video EP® release of the Sony Corporation Of America
© 1986 Hear 'N Aid
- Copyright (c) – Hear 'N Aid, Inc.
Hear 'n Aid was a charity record recorded by a large ensemble of 40 heavy metal musicians, and released in 1986. The project was organized by Ronnie James Dio, Jimmy Bain, and Vivian Campbell, all from the band Dio. Proceeds from the album were used to raise money for famine relief in Africa. The 40 musicians which had been gathered together by Dio recorded the single Stars together the rest of the album was filled out with eight other tracks, several of which were contributed by artists who were. Hear 'n Aid was a one-off project of the heavy metalhard rock scene of the 1980s to raise money for famine relief in Africa. According to Ronnie 'N Aid : Stars. Band Name Hear 'N Aid. Album Name Stars. Type Single. Released date 05 July 1986. The 4 12 Minute News. Bonustrack 12 Version. Stars Extanded Version. Total playing time. Buy this album. Title: Hear 'n Aid: The Sessions Video 1986. Also includes the full-length promo clip for the song. Stars 1985. To favorites 0 Download album. Listen album. Hard Rock. Hear 'N Aid , Hear N' Aid. Songs in album Stars 1985. Hear 'N Aid - Stars. Hear N' Aid - 4 12 Minutes News. Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash plugin. Sharon: Hear 'N Aid raised 1. 2 million, from record, video, and merch sales and direct donations. Mark: I felt these photographs needed to be part of my book, because the book is a visual history of how hard rock and heavy metal kind of changed: Sabbath and Priest at Live Aid, Hear N Aid, Farm Aid where Bon Jovi was at, the Moscow Peace Festival, the PMRC hearings. Wendy: But that is the way of the metal world, isnt it . Watch Hear 'N Aid Perform 'Stars'. Even Ted Nugent came down to sing backup - as did the members of spoof-metal band Spinal Tap to lend a few laughs to the otherwise dead serious circumstances. Unfortunately, obtaining legal clearance for so many artists signed to so many different record labels proved a daunting task that would delay the musics release for months. In any case, the nearly 1 million raised by Hear n Aid speak for themselves, and the still-unmatched collection of heavy metal star power that came together during those two days in the name of a good cause. The Top 50 Heavy Metal Albums. Next: Top 10 Ronnie James Dio Songs. Various Artists. Hear-N-Aid: The Sessions. Your Rating. Overview . Hear 'n Aid: The Sessions 1986. Hear 'n Aid. Type: Single. Stars written by Vivian CampbelJimmy BainRonnie James Dio. music by Claude Schnell. The sessions continued for nearly 12 hours, and by 8 a. the following morning only Jones and Richie remained in the studio. What they had on their hands would break records. All told, it raised over 63 million in humanitarian aid for Africa and the United States. For Jones, it remains a highlight of his celebrated career. Stars by Hear N Aid 1986. Dio bandmates Jimmy Bain and Vivian Campbell were attending a 48-hour charity radiothon at the L. station KLOS when they made a startling realization: they were basically the only heavy metal musicians there